- Create a Custom Rate
- Custom Rate Fields Description
- Third Party Pricing Tool Integration
- Pricing Tester
- Custom rates can be used for one-off or repeat holidays, events, and seasons.
- Custom rates apply to a date range you select.
- Multiple custom rates can be created.
- If you are connected to a third party pricing tool, you do not need to set custom rates in MyVR.
- For information on setting base rates and advanced options, see help article.
Create a Custom Rate
Step 1: Navigate to Properties > Properties > [Property Name]
Step 2: Click Rental Rates
Step 3: Scroll down to Custom Rates block
Step 4: Click New Custom Rate
Step 5: Fill out custom rate fields as needed (see details below)
Step 6: Click Save Rate
Custom Rate Fields Description
1. Rate Name: Create name for internal reference, e.g. New Year, 4th of July.
2. First / Last Night: First and last night which custom rates apply.
- This is not the same as check-in / check-out days.
- For example: For the rate to apply to a stay from July 1 to July 7, the first night on the custom rate is July 1, the last night is July 6.
3. Minimum / Maximum Stay: Minimum and/or maximum stay for the custom rate will override the base rate.
4. Repeat Annually - Select “Yes” for the same custom rate to repeat annually on the same dates.
- Select “Yes” for holidays or events that repeat on the same calendar date each year, e.g. New Year and 4th of July. S
- Select “No” for annual events that have a different date each year, e.g. Thanksgiving.
5. Enter Nightly Rate, optional Weekend Rate
6. Enter optional Weekly Rate and optional Monthly Rate
7. Event Rate: Select “Yes” to require that all nights included in the custom rate be booked consecutively.
8. Restrict Changeover Day: Select Yes to restrict check-in / check-out to a specific day of the week.
Third Party Pricing Tool Integration
- If MyVR is integrated with a third party pricing tool, you do not need to create custom rates. The rates will automatically push from your pricing provider to MyVR.
- Integrated rates are visible under custom rates, as in this example:
Step 1: Click Open Pricing Tester (at bottom left of Custom Rates block)
Step 2: Enter dates to test pricing results and view complete Quote
- Pricing tester can be used for all rate types: base rates, manually created custom rates, or third party pricing tool rates.
- If date range includes both custom and base rates, these are indicated separately.
- If date range does not meet Event type and/or minimum night requirements, a warning message shows.
Edit or Delete Custom Rate
Step 1: Click more actions on the custom rate line
Step 2: Select View / Edit rate or Delete Rate
NOTE: Icon marked with an arrow indicates that the custom rate repeats annually.