Once a website is published, it is searchable. However, additional action may be required on the website to ensure the site is being ranked higher based on "keywords".
Keyword research is one of the most important, valuable, and high return activities in the search marketing field.
SEO keyword research sources:
- Google Adwords’ Keyword Tool
- Google Insights for Search
- Google Trends Keyword Demand Prediction
- Microsoft Advertising Intelligence
- Wordtracker’s Free Basic Keyword Demand
Google's AdWords Keyword tool is a common starting point for SEO keyword research. It not only suggests keywords and provides estimated search volume, but also predicts the cost of running paid campaigns for these terms.