If a domain name has already been purchased or it's preferable to purchase one outside of MyVR, the domain may be set up to point to a MyVR Website. A custom domain name will show up without the ".myvr.com" (eg http://www.vacationrentalsite.com)
- Publish the website: Make sure the website is published
- Change DNS at your registrar: Make changes in the account in which the domain name was purchased and point it to MyVR
- Add domain to MyVR: Add the domain name to MyVR so we map the domain to your website
- Verify the domain in MyVR: Let MyVR know the configuration changes have been made
Step 1: Publish the website
If the website is not yet published (made public), publish the site through MyVR first.
Go to Websites > Websites > [click Manage next to website] > Summary. Click on Publish Website.
Step 2: Change the DNS settings with your domain registrar (account in which the domain name was purchased i.e. GoDaddy, 1&1)
Make two changes at your registrar:
1. Change the A record
- Make sure the Host "@" points to 188.8.131.52
2. Edit the CNAME record
- Edit the CNAME record with the Host "www" so it points to domains.myvr.com
Instructions for specific registrars (your registrar may not be included):
Step 3: Return to MyVR and Add Domain
In the same summary section as in Step #1, click on Add Domain.
Select Connect a Domain
Enter the domain name and click Link Domain (Note: Do NOT include 'www.' at the beginning of the domain name):
Your domain will then appear in the domain list as Not Set-Up:
Step 4: Verify the domain
Return to the summary page for the website, at Go to Websites > Websites > [click Manage next to website] > Summary. Click the More Actions drop-down and Verify Domain.
If the domain was configured correctly, the domain will be verified.
Note: It can take 24-48 hours for the changes in domain updates to take effect.
Optional: To make the domain you just verified the primary domain, click the More Actions dropdown next to the domain and select Make Primary: