The Reservation Details view has access to all the information associated with the reservation and extensive array of options available for managing a reservation.
The stay details and renter info associated with the reservation are visible in the Reservation Detail view. Other pertinent information is sorted into tabs and there is a drop-down menu at the top of the screen that allows users to take a number of relevant Actions.
General reservation details
1. Stay Details: in this section, review the stay details (property, dates, party) associated with the reservation. There are three buttons in the upper right corner that allow users to review/edit the renter contact info and provide quick access to the relevant property details and property calendar.
2. Renter Info: shows a snapshot of renter contact info. The three buttons in the upper right corner allow for information to be edited. Review any other information about the renter (renter details) and look through the conversation history in the inquiry detail view.
3. Reservation Actions: accessing this drop-down menu allows users to perform several actions regarding the reservation be viewed.
4. Summary: this is a summary of the status of this reservation (tentative or reserved), payment status (shows the Payments tab of the reservation details view and whether a rental contract has been agreed to. If the renter has agreed to a contract by phone or email (rather than electronically from their inquiry confirmation email if online booking was enabled for the quote) the rental agreement can be manually added. Just click on the rental agreement button to open a rental agreement pop-up window where the agreement can be manually recorded (see second screenshot below).
5. Settings: this section shows if online booking and online payments are enabled for the reservation.
Additionally, if the status of the reservation is still "tentative", users will see the following:
a) When the associated quote expires,
b) A hold date on the calendar
c) upon what condition the status will change from "tentative" to "reserved".
If the reservation is already in "Reserved" status these last three fields (a, b and c) will display "Already Reserved".
6. Terms: These are the rental terms that have been set for this reservation. If rental terms have not been created, users will be prompted to Set Reservation Terms and will be directed to the quote builder.
The Reservation Details Payments tab offers robust payment management options and a comprehensive overview of the payment status and history.
1. Here, users can see the status of any payments (unpaid, coming due, scheduled or paid) and other details regarding a particular payment.
2. There are a number of payment Actions from the drop-down menu:
Immediate Payment actions - charge a credit card on file or record a payment that has been made offline
Scheduled Payment actions (see second screenshot below)- schedule or disable a payment
Request Payment: send an email requesting payment
3. Any credit cards associated with the reservation (either because the renter entered it booking online or manually added) will display here. A card can also be manually added (i.e. renter wanted to call with payment details).
4. A convenient summary view of payments made or outstanding and what refunds, if any, have been issued.
5. When the payment schedule is modified, users will be instructed to change the terms of the reservation.
6. Control for whether the payments will charge the renter card automatically at the time of payment vs. prompt the renter to make payment. Learn more about automatic payment collection.
See which quote is active for the reservation and review all the other quotes that have been issued to the renter. Click on any of them to see specific details for that particular quote.
Several actions can be taken with a quote, as in the inquiry detail quotes tab, by using the Actions drop-down menu.
Make notes about the reservation, renter, etc. for easy reference.
The timeline shows a sequential view of all events (communications and the principle actions taken) for the inquiry associated with the reservation.
Each item on the timeline has a button that will show relevant details for the specific event.
The Actions drop-down menu at the top right of the Reservation Details view stays visible in all tabs. There are three categories of action that can be taken: Communicate with Renter, View Actions and Reservation Actions.
Communicate with Renter
Select to view the conversation history associated with the original inquiry or see a preview of what online booking will look like for a renter based on the active quote.
- Edit Reservation: When reservation terms are already, make contact info changes here.
- Set-up / Modify Terms: Rental terms can be added or modified (see Modify Payment Schedule).
- Add Quote: Build a new quote from here.
- Cancel a Reservation: Remove the reservation from the Reservation Detail view but it will remain in the inbox, clearly marked Cancelled Reservation.
- Delete a Reservation: This will completely remove the reservation from both the reservation and inquiry lists.