The websites section of MyVR allows users to set up, customize, and maintain a website and blog. Users can also preview their online booking page. For website editing, MyVR offers a simple "click and type" editor or a more advanced drag and drop editor for total customization.
- Booking page: The web page renters use to request and pay for reservations
- Websites: Lists all of the websites created to advertise properties
- Create a website: How to start a new website in MyVR
- Edit website design: How to change the look and feel of a website
- Edit website pages: How to change the content in a website
- Layout editor: Advanced options for changing a website's content, look and feel
- Blogs: How to add and manage website blogs
The booking page is located under the websites tab of MyVR.
If users have not set up a website for a property and a quote is sent to a renter with online payments enabled, the renter will be directed to the booking page. Preview the booking page by clicking on the View Details button. The booking page will not be used if a property is featured on a MyVR website.
Users can choose which property to preview the booking page with.
Quickly and easily make a new website or edit an existing website under the website section.
Create a website
1. Go to Websites > Websites and click on the New Website button on the top right
2. Choose the type of website to build
Single property site: Showcase a single property. By default, they will include pages containing photos, rates, an availability calendar, local info, and more. Single property sites including an online booking page.
Multi-property sites: Offer searching, map filtering, and online booking for groups of properties. Each property's page will include all of the information that would be displayed within a single property website.
Owner portals: Allow property owners to manage their property availability and view their owner statements.
Edit website design
Editing a website's design includes changing the logo, the color scheme, and the links to social network profiles.
To get started head to the Design & Branding tab of a website. Then click the Edit Design button.
Once in the design editor, users can do the following:
- Preview the design on a computer, tablet or mobile phone
- Edit the navigation bar
- Upload a new logo, or create a text based logo
- Change the background image, or slideshow (depending on the template)
- Upload or delete a favicon (image inside the URL)
- Change the telephone number (shown in the main website banner)
- Manage social links
- Change or manage the template colors
- Change or manage the template fonts
Edit website pages
Editing content on a site is quick and easy.
First, head over to the Pages & Content section of the website.
Next, choose the page to edit. Click on the Content Editor link from the Actions drop-down menu.
Users will then be taken to the simple page editor which allows text to be edited.
- Page option menu
- Preview the page as a computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Save a page.
- Click on an element to edit it.
For some pages, users will see only non-editable components. These pages are built automatically using "widgets" that contain property data. Users can change the content of these pages by editing property information directly under Properties > Properties. Alternatively, use the layout editor to add and remove content on these pages.
If new content or components need to be added to a page, users should use the layout editor. To edit a page using the layout editor, go to Websites > My Websites > Pages & Content and then select Actions > Layout Editor.
Within the layout editor, users can edit, add, or remove components on a website page.
Create or manage a blog within a website by clicking on the Blog section in the website navigation.