In the Message Templates section of MyVR, it is possible to create a custom, branded design for outgoing messages. Additionally, it is possible to create message templates that are automatically populated with data, for speedy responses to renters (whether manually or using auto-responders) and to be used in automated stay emails.
- Email Design: Tools to make outgoing emails look great
- My Templates: Dynamic email templates to automate renter communication
To view email design, go to Setup > Message Templates > Email Design
Here, users will see a preview of the email design. If one isn't set up already, this will appear
To go back to this default setting, just click the Actions button in the upper right and select Reset to Default -- since this is possible, don't be afraid to experiment.
To use a customized logo, click the Actions button, select Set Logo, and upload a file. Then click the Save button in the lower right and the new logo will appear on the preview.
Experiment with different header background colors or background colors for the entire email by selecting the Set Header Background Color and Set Main Background Color options in the Actions menu. Changes will update automatically, so be creative!
Finally, edit the header or footer text with the Edit Text options in the Actions menu
That's all there is to it! Now all outgoing messages will use the new custom design. If for some reason, it is desired to put the design on hold, select Unpublish Design from the Actions menu and MyVR will use the default design instead.
Email templates are a powerful tool to speed up and enrich communication with renters. We include a number of editable default templates to make it easy to get you started!
There are three main ways to use these templates: (1) as "Reply Templates" that can be dropped into messages to renters; (2) in autoresponders set up to send when certain events occur (like a new inquiry); and (3) in stay emails, which are automated messages sent at various points during a reservation cycle (prior to check-in, mid-stay, post-stay request for a review, etc.).
Setting up the templates is fairly straightforward. First go to Setup > Message Templates > Email Design
Here is a list of all templates set up. Make a new one by clicking the New Template button in the upper right. This will bring up the template editor.
The template allows users to customize an email to be sent out many times and only have to write it once. Use the Smart Tags on the email by dragging and dropping them into the template to add information specific to the inquiry. For example, a new inquiry autoresponder template might look like this
Click Save Changes, and the new template is complete!
To see how it will look in actual messages to the renter, click the Actions button to the right of the message and select Preview:
Note that the email design set up above is included in this message. The data about the property is automatically included where we dropped the smart tags.
A few other notable features in this section:
- "Additional Information" Smart Tags: Custom-made smart tags set up with property-specific information (like driving directions!) that are available in the Email Template Editor under the heading Custom Fields.
- Template Ordering and the Reply Template Switch: Drag and drop templates to be in the desired order in the Template Reply menu that can be seen whenever composing a message to a renter.
- If a template shouldn't show up in that menu (e.g., because it is used for a stay email), then flip the Reply Template switch next to the message to "No".
- Finally, it is possible to Edit or Delete the existing template using the options in the Actions menu. It is not possible to delete a template that is currently "in use" by either an Inquiry Responder or a Stay Email. We send users to the responder or stay email menu to disable those messages before we allow users to delete it.