- The most efficient way to import property data is with Airbnb.
- Other options for adding properties are to create them directly in MyVR or use MyVR’s API.
Import Property Data CSV File
Step 1: Navigate to Setup > API & Data Access > Manual Import
Step 2: Click Properties
Step 3: Click Instructions next to Property
Step 4: Scroll down to read template field details. In particular, note which columns are required.
Step 5: Click Done
Step 6: Click Download next to Property
Step 7: Fill in template using spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.
Step 8: Download file in CSV form
Step 9: Click Import a CSV
Step 10: Click the Refresh button until the file appears.
- Depending on the file size, import could take several minutes.
- Once the file is imported, it will appear in the data import box.
- View number of rows successfully imported and number of rows with errors.
Fix Data Import Errors
Step 1: Click View Rows with Errors
Step 2: Click View Row on each line, scroll left and right to view all columns
- The error message shown is server-generated, the specific error is not highlighted.
- Common errors include: required field left blank; alpha characters in a numeric-only field.
- To see which fields are required, view Property Upload Instructions (above)
Step 4: Fix errors in original spreadsheet, download as CSV file.
Step 5: Import updated CSV
- Repeat above steps until there are no errors for the imported file.
- Properties that have already successfully been imported will not be duplicated.
Review and Complete Imported Properties
Step 1: Navigate to Properties > Properties
Step 2: Click on each new property, follow steps to edit details and activate listing.