- Drive new direct bookings to properties by using MyVR's Promotions feature.
- Create promo codes that provide discounts for all, some, or all properties.
- Reward renters staying for longer trips, encourage last-minute bookings to fill vacancies
- Provide guests with a discount code for future trips after checkout to create repeat customers.
- Promotions are only valid for direct bookings, not for channel bookings.
Creating Direct Booking Promotions
Step 1: Navigate to Setup > Promotions.
Step 2: Click Add a Promotion.
Step 3: Click through the tabs to complete the discount amount, stay requirements, and redeemable rates. NOTE: Required fields are marked with an asterisk (*).
Step 4: Click Create
Redeeming Direct Booking Promotions
- If a property has an active promotion available, potential guests will see a button labeled Enter Promo Code.
- Once clicked, a pop-up box appears for promo code entry by guest.
- If a user enters a code for a promotion that works for all of their stay details, the corresponding discount will be added to their quote.
- The renter can also view any terms and conditions written for the promotion.
- See how many times a promotion has been redeemed in the list of promotions.
- Once a promotion has been redeemed, it can no longer be edited.
Channel Discount Options
See the following articles for information on adding discounts for Airbnb or VRBO channel bookings:
Rate discounts and adjustments for Airbnb listings
Offering Custom Rate to Vrbo Guest Pre-Booking
Why is a discount on my Vrbo quote?