MyVR's full integration option for TripAdvisor allows the management of listing photos, descriptions, rates, and availability. Once reservations are accepted directly from within TripAdvisor, reservation management can occur within MyVR.
If you're new to TripAdvisor, we encourage you to look at our Channel Cheat Sheet to understand how this channel functions compared to other channels you may be using on MyVR.
To get started, you'll first want to download the TripAdvisor app from the MyVR App marketplace. Once the app is downloaded, follow the onboarding prompts to connect a TripAdvisor account.
Existing TripAdvisor Accounts
- If you have an existing TripAdvisor account, you'll want your TripAdvisor Account ID (located in the top right-hand corner of your TripAdvisor dashboard) and the email address you use to log in.
- Click Submit Answers to connect to your account
- If you are brand new to TripAdvisor, an account will be created for you in this process. Simply select "No" when asked if you have an account and click Submit Answers
IMPORTANT: Once your account is created, information will be emailed to you directly from TripAdvisor within about 3-5 business days.
Be sure to complete the following tasks on rentals.tripadvisor.com to turn your TripAdvisor account on;
- Change your password by going to "Forgot My Password" on www.rentals.tripadvisor.com/login
- Add tax information
- Add Payment Settings
- Look out from an email from email@example.com that may ask you to verify your identity. This is part of their Trust & Safety process.
Once your TripAdvisor account is set up in MyVR, you'll be able to add listings.
Step 1: Log in to MyVR and go to the FlipKey/TripAdvisor app via Channels > Full Integration
Step 2: Under the Add Listing(s) tab, click Create New Listing
IMPORTANT: For existing FlipKey listings, we currently don't have a way to import your existing properties that are on TripAdvisor into MyVR. This means we will need to map the listings you have in MyVR to the existing ones in TripAdvisor. Please reach out to support for assistance with mapping to existing listings.
NOTE: FlipKey/TripAdvisor can take up to 5 business days after a new listing is submitted to activate. MyVR will detect the status change within a few hours after activation and you should be good to go!
Step 3: If you have a subscription based agreement with TripAdvisor, you may need to assign a paid slot for the listing like this:
The listing should be published over the next 24-48 hours or so after assigning a paid slot.
Depending on your billing relationship with FlipKey/TripAdvisor, you may need to switch the listing to pay-per-booking or pay-per-lead at Step 3.
To have live listings with TripAdvisor/FlipKey, users will need to setup their payout settings and complete TripAdvisor's Trust & Safety process (users receive an email for this).