- Custom fields are a powerful feature that save time and deliver personalized guest interactions.
- Use custom fields in email templates, property websites, and through access to MyVR’s API.
- Custom fields can also be used for internal data purposes.
- Custom fields are separated under two data models: Property and Reservation.
- Examples of a Property custom field: driving directions, Wifi code, house manual.
- Examples of a Reservations custom field: lock code, estimated arrival time, copy of driver’s license.
Create a new Custom Field
Step 1: Navigate to Setup > Custom Fields
Step 2: Select Property or Reservations
Step 3: Click Add New Field
Step 4: Under Summary, create Field Name
Step 5: Click Data Type
Data Type options
Step 6: Select Data Type from the following formats:
- Single Line Text: Use for quick text with no formatting.
- Large Text / HTML: Formatted as HTML for display including Bold, Italic, Underline, etc.
- Single Select: Allow the user to select from a drop-down list of options.
- File Upload: Allow a file to be uploaded, such as House Rules.
- User: Allow a MyVR username to be selected.
- Integer: Use numbers for things such as Wifi password, access code, etc.
Step 7 (Optional): Create Default Value
- If the value for this field changes on a property/reservation level, leave blank
- If the value of this field is generally the same for ALL properties/reservations, enter Default Value to pre-populate the field
- Default value can still be overridden on a property/reservation level.
Edit or Delete a Custom Field
- Click more actions on the custom field line, select Edit Field or Delete Field
Custom Fields List
- View which fields are set up with a default value.
- The Entries column displays the count of total Properties or Reservations that have data in this field.