Custom fields are a powerful feature that saves time and helps deliver more personalized guest interactions when used in email templates, multi-property websites, and through access to MyVR’s API.
To create a new custom field:
- Navigate to Setup > Custom Fields on the MyVR menu
- From here, select if the field is related to Properties or Reservations.
- Examples of Property Custom Fields might be a Wifi Code or Navigation Directions to a property while Reservation Custom Fields could be used to designate a guest as part of a Loyalty Program or to designate a MyVR user as responsible for a particular Reservation.
Single Line Text: No formatting, use for quick text like wifi passwords, ID numbers, etc.
Large Text / HTML: text formatted as HTML for display including Bold, Italic, Underline, etc.
- Single Select: Allow the user to select from a drop-down list of options
- File Upload: Allow a file to be uploaded, such as House Rules
- User: Allow a MyVR username to be selected
- To allow for the field to come pre-populated with a default value that will apply to every Property or Reservation, specify the default data in the "Default Value" field:
- Example: Default Loyalty Code - ManyLoyalCustomers
- If the value for a field will change by property/reservation, leave the default value blank and then complete the information in the following locations:
- Reservations > Select a Reservation > scroll down to Edit Custom Field
- Properties > Select an individual Property > Custom Fields
- Example: Single Reservation Loyalty Code - 1LoyalCustomer
Once a custom field has been created, it can be used on reservations/properties as established.