- Stay Emails Overview
- Create New Email - Basic Settings
- Create Email Filters
- Select Email Send Time
- Select Email Recipients, Complete Email Creation
- Delete Email
- Stay emails automatically send information to a renter before, during, or after their stay.
- Choose to send check-in or check-out instructions, a quick note to see how their stay is going, or a request for a review after check-out.
- Stay emails send customizable Message Templates, and allow for a wide range of configuration options.
- Create different templates to use with multiple properties or property groups.
- Create templates for different recipients, like renter, property owner, or a third party.
- Choose to have stay emails sent manually or automatically.
- Each MyVR account includes default stay emails.
- Default emails templates are in Disabled status until you choose to edit and enable as needed.
Stay Emails Overview
- Navigate to Automations > Stay Emails
1. Internal name of stay email
2. Message template used in email
3. Delivery type - email or SMS text
4. Recipient type
5. Number of properties or property groups associated with the email
6. Status = Email automated/not automated, enabled/disabled
7. Create New Email automation
8. Dropdown menu for action options: Edit, Preview, Edit Send Settings, or Delete
Create New Email - Basic Settings
Step 1: Click + New Email
Step 2: Under Basic Settings, create email name
Step 3: Select email template to use from dropdown list of My Templates
Step 4: Toggle Yes/No to apply new email to existing bookings
Step 5: Click Filters tab
NOTE: Click Create at any time to save the template. Make sure it is in Disabled status until the settings are complete.
Create Email Filters
Step 1: Select All properties, or filter for selected properties or property groups
Step 2: Select All, or filter for reservations made through specific platforms
Step 3: Select All, or filter for specific reservation payment status
Step 4: Select All, or filter for specific deposit status
Step 5: Under Advanced Filters, filter for specific booking event (check-in, check-out, booking confirmed)
Step 6: Filter for specific Custom Field
Select Email Send Time
Step 1: Select message event from dropdown menu
Step 2: Select day to send and timing based on event (e.g. 1 day after check-in date)
Step 3: Select time to send from dropdown menu: Time based on event, or custom time
Step 4: Select Timezone
Step 5: Click Recipients
Select Email Recipients, Complete Email Creation
Step 1: Select recipient type
-- For MyVR user, select system user from dropdown menu
-- For third party, enter email address
Step 2: Toggle Yes/No to attempt to send via SMS text message
NOTE: Text will attempt to be sent if an associated recipient phone number is found. Not applicable for third party option.
Step 3: Enter email address to cc and/or Bcc as needed
Step 4: Click Create
Step 1: Click the More Actions button, select Delete
Step 2: In the pop-up box, toggle Yes/No to remove unsent messages from the Outbox
Step 3: Click Delete Email