Stay emails allow users to send customized messages and notifications, using Message Templates, with a wide variety of configuration options. Stay emails may be applied to all properties, specific properties or property groups. They may be used to inform renters, owners, and third parties.
Each MyVR account comes with 5 default stay emails, all of which may be edited or removed. Users may opt to have stay emails sent manually or automatically. The default stay emails are:
- Welcome Email
- Post Arrival Check In
- Check Out Instructions
- Post Departure Feedback Request
- Review Request
All stay emails are managed under Automation > Stay Emails.
Add a new stay email
Step 1: Under Automation > Stay Emails, click on the green +New Email button
Step 2: Set the Basic Settings
- Name: Name your email based on the subject it's addressing
- What Template Do You Want To Send?: Select the most appropriate Message Template
- Which Properties Does This Apply To?: All, specific property, property group
- If Specific Property or Property Group, select the appropriate option from the drop-down.
- Select Yes if the stay email should apply immediately to all currently existing and applicable reservations.
Step 3: Set the Send Time
- What Even Should Trigger This Email?: Booking Confirmed, Check-in, Mid-Stay, Check-Out
- What Day Do You Want to Send It?: Set the number of days before/after the trigger date
- Send at Custom Time
- Send at a Time Based on the Event
- Send Time: Set the appropriate time (hour of day or time based on event trigger
- Time Zone: Set the time zone
Step 4: Set the Recipients and click Create
- Send to the renter, property owner or a third party (i.e. maintenance, cleaning crew, etc)
- Optional: Enter additional recipient email address(s) to be copied on the email
Edit a stay email
Step 1: Under Automation > Stay Emails, under the More Actions drop-down to the right of the email, select Edit
Step 2: Make Edits to Basic Settings, Send Time, Recipients, as applicable and click Save. For more information, see Step 2 under "Add a new email"
Delete a stay email
Under Automation > Stay Emails, under the More Actions drop-down to the right of the email, select Delete
Things to know
- Emails are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Messages sent to a third party will automatically send a blind copy to the user