MyVR automatically handles various booking-related notifications on a user's behalf, such as reservation confirmations, payment reminders, and deposit refund confirmations.
Each MyVR account comes with 12 default transactional emails, all of which may be edited as appropriate. Users may opt to have stay emails sent manually or automatically. Users may also opt to completely disable a transactional email.
While all the existing transaction emails may be edited or disabled, MyVR does not currently support the adding of new transactional emails.
Edit a transactional email
Step 1: On the left-hand navigation, go to Automation > Transactional Emails
Step 2: Click on the More Actions drop-down menu to the right of the email to be edited and select Edit
Step 3: Customize the email template
- Name: Name the template something easy to recognize and understand
- Description: Explain what this template is for and when it will be used
- Email Subject: Set the email subject line
- Email Title: Set the title of the email that will appear at the top of the body of the email
- Cc/Bcc: Transactional emails are automatically sent to the renter email address from the inquiry. Use Cc/Bcc to send copies, as necessary, to internal users.
- Edit the text of the email. Use smart tags to customize information such as guest name, property name, check-in/out information, etc.
Step 4: Click Save Changes
Edit send settings
All transactional emails are, by default, enabled and set to be sent automatically. Users may opt to manually send or disable a transactional email.
To manage these settings:
- Go to Automation > Transactional Emails
- Click on the More Actions drop-down menu to the right of the email to be changed and select Edit Send Settings
- Change toggles, as appropriate, and click Save Settings