MyVR users can use QuickBooks (QB) invoices to track reservation line items for internal accounting and record-keeping.
Before creating invoices, customers will need to be imported to QuickBooks. See importing customers and jobs into Quickbooks
Creating an invoice template
Creating invoice templates in QB allows users to pre-determine what information should be included on regularly occurring invoices. Using the template, with all the necessary information already decided, will save time and reduce overhead.
The invoice template will have two pieces; the invoice layout and standard fields that will be populated every time the template is used.
- In the Customers drop-down, select Create Invoices
- In the top navigation bar, select Formatting and then select Customize Data Layout
- If the selected template is a default, Quickbooks will ask to create a copy; select ‘Yes’
- In this section, configure the template as desired. Example template:
- Click OK
- In the Item column, select common fees to be associated with the template. See next section for setting up invoice items
- Memorize the invoice
Setting up invoice items
Items are the names of charges that will be put on an invoice such as Rent, Taxes, and Platform Fees. Adding items to a memorized invoice will help streamline invoice creation.
- Select the invoice template that the items should be added to.
- In the Item column, select Add New
- Select the item type
- Enter the item name
- Select the appropriate account
- Click OK
- Now, the item will be available from the Item dropdown
- When creating items, 'Other Charge' is useful for rents, taxes, and other fees.
- Use generic names for items to make them useful for memorized invoices.
Creating memorized invoices
Memorized invoices are a way to save invoice data to be used over and over again. Ideally for each new invoice created the only data that would need to be manually input would be the item amount and if desired a description.
- To memorize an invoice select Main from the top navigation and select Memorize
- Add a name and click OK
- The invoice template will now be available under Lists > Memorized Transaction List