- Supported countries and currencies
- Stripe Deposits
- Stripe Support
- Stripe Fees for security deposits and refunds
- Getting started
- Stripe is an easy-to-use merchant payment system that MyVR has teamed up with to process payments from renters online.
- Our partnership allows MyVR to access payment history and provide help with payment support issues.
- It’s not necessary to have an existing Stripe account to get started.
- The process for creation and approval of an account in Stripe takes only a few minutes.
- When using Stripe with MyVR, you control how the charge is displayed on your renter’s credit card statement.
Supported countries and currencies
- List of currencies supported by Stripe to process payment
- List of countries supported by Stripe to set up an account
- The first deposit with Stripe will take 7-10 days after payment is made.
- Subsequent deposits are dependent on the assigned payout schedule.
- Most customers receive subsequent payouts within 2 business days.
- For further details see Stripe information on Receiving Payouts and Payout Schedule
- Stripe payment details display a “Stripe processing fee” and “Application fee”. Together these comprise the total credit card processing fees included in your sales contract.
- For reference, see Stripe's article on understanding declines and failed payments.
Stripe Fees for security deposits and refunds
- For Stripe accounts created BEFORE September 14, 2017: When issuing a refund against any payment collected by Stripe, Stripe will include their payment processing fee as part of the refund.
- For Stripe accounts created AFTER September 14, 2017: Stripe changed their policy for newer accounts and will not return Stripe fees from the original transaction when refunding a customer.
- Stripe Support is available for additional information and questions.
NEXT STEP: Activate a Stripe Merchant Account