In addition to using message templates and automation to streamline communication with renters, freeform or one-off template messages can be created and sent at any time with MyVR.
There are two ways to access messages:
- Through Reservations
Step 1: Navigate to Reservations > Reservations
Step 2: Select a Reservation
Step 3: In the Renter box, click the speech bubble icon
- Through Messages
Step 1: Navigate to Messages > Inquiries
Step 2: Select an Inquiry
From the Inquiry page, there are a few options to create a one-off message:
- Type freeform text in the conversation box
- Select from existing templates
- Attach a quote associated with this inquiry
- Attach a document (*see restrictions below)
NOTE: Attachment restrictions
- Attachments can only be sent if the Renter’s direct email address is provided:
- Some channels provide a relay address which forces messaging through the channel platform. Attachments cannot be sent to a relay address. Example:
Details for each channel can be found here.
- To send to the Renter’s email address, simply click Send Message
Alternatively, messages can be sent and received via SMS text to the Renter’s phone number.
- Toggle Send as SMS to Yes, then click Send Message
- Change Renter’s phone number by clicking Edit in the Renter details box
Receive SMS text response
- If Renter replies via text, the reply is routed to the MyVR inbox and included in the Inquiry conversation history.
View conversation history
- Sent and received messages appear together in chronological order
- Text messages are easily distinguishable from email messages
View conversation in Reservation timeline
- In the Renter box, click the Reservations icon
- Scroll down and click Timeline
Messages sent and received appear along with other events related to the reservation, e.g. Reservation Booked and Payment Recorded
- Under Action box, click View Conversation to navigate back to the Conversation history
- Click Future to see any automated messages scheduled for a future date