- Download Reservations Template
- Find MyVR Property ID for Template
- Add Reservations to Template
- Import Reservations as CSV File
- Fix Data Import Errors
- Imported Reservations without Complete Payment
- Prior to going live on your website and all channels except for Airbnb, existing reservations need to be imported.
- Airbnb exception: once integrated, all current and future Airbnb reservations will be automatically imported into MyVR.
- For all other channels, reservations need to be manually imported.
- New reservations that come in between the date of the import and the date the channel goes live need to be manually entered (or imported) into MyVR to keep the calendars current.
- Be sure to carefully think through how you will collect the remaining payments on already-booked reservations.
Download Reservations Template
Step 1: Navigate to Setup > API & Data Access > Manual Import
Step 2: Click Reservations
Step 3: Click Instructions next to Reservations
Step 4: Scroll down to read complete instructions for the template fields. In particular, pay attention to which columns are required.
Step 5: Click Done
Step 6: Click Download next to Reservations.
Find MyVR Property ID for Template
Step 1: Navigate to Reporting > Exports > Exports
Step 2: Open Properties or any Property export report
Step 3: Use data in Property Key column to complete the template Property ID field.
Add Reservations to Template
Step 1: Fill in the template with the relevant data using spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.
Step 2: Download the file in CSV format.
Step 3: Contact your MyVR Onboarding specialist to assist with the next steps.
Import Reservations as CSV File
Step 1: Click Import a CSV
Step 2: Click the Refresh button until the file appears.
- Depending on the file size, import could take several minutes.
- Once the file is imported, it will appear in the data import box.
- View number of rows successfully imported and number of rows with errors.
Fix Data Import Errors
Step 1: Click View Rows with Errors
Step 2: Click View Row on each line, scroll left and right to view all columns.
- The error message shown is server-generated, without the specific error highlighted.
- Common errors include: required field left blank; alpha characters in a numeric-only field.
- To see which fields are required, view Reservations import instructions
Step 4: Fix errors in original spreadsheet, download as CSV file.
Step 5: Import updated CSV.
- Repeat above steps until there are no errors for the imported file.
- Properties that have already successfully been imported will not be duplicated.
- To view imported reservations, navigate to Reservations > Reservations.
Imported Reservations without Complete Payment
- For any reservation that is imported using this method, MyVR will NOT have the original credit card information.
- The original payment method for these reservations will need to be used for the remaining payments.
- VRBO exception: if the first payment was collected by VRBO, they will continue to collect the remaining payments.